We’ve seen the good, the bad and the ugly, but when it comes to hair extensions, what’s the truth?
We’ve all heard the nightmare stories…
- Hair extensions are bad for your hair
- Hair extensions cause hair to thin
- Hair extensions cause bald patches
Sound familiar? Just some of the lingering accusations that fall in the shadow of the controversy surrounding hair extensions.
picture from pinkblushhair.com
But is this really the case or is it simply down to not being educated about what are good and bad hair extensions?
Combine that with a bad stylist and the wrong type of maintenance and you have yourself a hair disaster in the making and a bad rep!
The truth of the matter is that when done correctly hair extensions are the quick and easy way to transform your hair and color into your dream style. But,
Hair extensions are only good WHEN:
- You have chosen to research what type of hair extensions you are getting
- The hair extensions are made from good quality hair
- The service is carried out by a competent, skilled and professional stylist, not by a ‘cowboy’ hairdresser. And be warned, there are many out there only too willing to take your money!
The fact is that when done correctly hair extensions should not cause any damage to the growth and condition of your own natural hair. If they have, then you have had either bad quality hair extensions, had them put in incorrectly or didn’t manage them with the TLC they need.
Here, i provide two video on how to wear hair extensions.
video from youtube.com
picture and text sources: natashatynanwriter.wordpress.com