What is considered swag? Swag is your own style no one can give you swag but you. According to the very reliable, extremely trustworthy website Urban Dictionary swag can be defined as:
“ appearance ,style ,or the way he or she presents them selves.”
If you really don’t understand how is the swag fashion look like. here some photos for you.
“its just about being yourself, you don’t have to do anything special, just be yourself.” – JUSTIN BIEBER
How to dress swag?
- Own at least 2 or 3 good pairs of drop crotch sweats. Sweats, chachi pants, bright/animal print leggings, loose skinny, and basketball shorts are all good bottoms to wear .
- Wear whatever shirt you would like. Tank tops of any kind, half tops with crop tops, hoodies, sweatshirts, graphic tees. Usually if you’re wearing tight pants you don’t want to wear a tight shirt though. Leather jackets and letterman jackets are in for outerwear. One word tops are also very cool such as a top that says ‘SWAG’ on it in bold.
- Remember that your kicks are probably the most important part of your outfit. Brands like Supra, Nike, Osiris, Adidas, Converse, DC, etc are popular for kicks. High top shoes or wrestling style shoes are the way to go. Bright colors, all black, contrasting, animal prints. Go WILD with your shoes. The more noticeable the better.
- Wear fitted caps and snap backs as much as possible. 59FIFTY is the legitimate brand, and the trend is to leave the large gold sticker on to prove that it’s legitimate. Although it may look dumb, it’s what works. Huge gold or silver hoop earrings, dog tags, chains, bangles, and any other jewelry is considered swag. Bandanas around your head or neck, or in your pocket are considered fly.
- Dye your hair to look more swag. Purples, bright reds, black, bleach blonde, and blues are cool. More natural colors are okay too, but they are less effective. Straight, curly, braided, any way you want to wear your hair is fine. Short, medium, long hair. Anything looks swag as long as it flatters you.
- Piercings and tattoos are common, but definitely not necessary. Belly button rings, lip rings, nose rings, cartilage piercings, and double ear piercings look really good. Tattoos are completely optional, and are only really on this step.
- Know your hip hop culture. Music, origins, dance, people, etc. Don’t just listen to one artist and think you’re a hip hop fanatic. Youtube is a great place to find new music and amazing songs. True swag girls know why Nicki Minaj and Lil Kim have beef. You should know who Slim Shady is. You should know where hip hop came from. You should know who Boogaloo Sam is, etc.
- Listen to the music. Some artists you could try are: Nicki Minaj, Lil Mama, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Tyga, 50 Cent, Drake, Ludacris, Ciara, wiz khalifa, 2chainz, kid ink, etc.
picture from google and tumblr